- B.S. in General Engineering, May 2002, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S. in Systems and Entrepreneurial Engineering, May 2006, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, May 2012, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Lecturer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering, March 2014 - Present
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering, August 2012 - March 2014
Selected Articles in Journals
- Analyzing the Impact of Public Transit Usage on Obesity (Z. She, D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson), Preventive Medicine (to appear); 2017.
- What is driving obesity? A review on the connections between obesity and motorized transportation
(D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson), Current Obesity Reports 6(1) 3-9; March, 2017.
- Random acts of violence? Examining probabilistic independence of the temporal distribution of mass killing events in the United States (D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson), Violence and Victims (to appear); 2017
- "Efficient geo-graph contiguity and hole algorithms for geographic zoning and dynamic plane graph partitioning" (D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson, E.C. Sewell), Mathematical Programming Series A 149(1-2) 425-457; February, 2015.
- "Modeling the winning seed distribution of the NCAA Division I men׳s basketball tournament" (A. Khatibi, D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson), OMEGA 50 141-148; January, 2015.
- "Seatbelt usage: Is there an association with obesity?"(B. Behzad, D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson), Public Health 128(9) 799-803; September, 2014.
- Quantifying the Association between Obesity, Automobile Travel, and Caloric Intake (B. Behzad, D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson), Preventive Medicine; 56(2) 103-106; February, 2013.
- Assessing the long term benefit of hand-held wireless device bans while driving (S.H. Jacobson, D.M. King, K.C. Ryan, M.J. Robbins), Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 46(10) 1586-1593; December, 2012.
- Geo-Graphs: An efficient model for enforcing contiguity and hole constraints in planar graph partitioning (D.M. King, S.H. Jacobson, E.C. Sewell, W.K.T. Cho), Operations Research 60(5) 1213-1228; September-October, 2012.
- Seed distributions for the NCAA mens basketball tournament (S.H. Jacobson, A.G. Nikolaev, D.M. King, A.J. Lee), OMEGA 39(6) 719-724; December, 2011.
- A note on the relationship between obesity and driving" (S.H. Jacobson, D.M. King, R. Yuan), Transport Policy 18(5) 772-776; September, 2011.
- Seeding in the NCAA mens basketball tournament: When is a higher seed better? (S.H. Jacobson, D.M. King), Journal of Gambling Business and Economics 3(2) 63-87; September, 2009.
- Fuel saving and ridesharing in the US: Motivations, limitations, and opportunities (S.H. Jacobson, D.M. King), Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 14(1) 14-21; January, 2009.
- Measuring the potential for automobile fuel savings in the US: The impact of obesity (S.H. Jacobson, D.M. King), Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 14(1) 6-13; January, 2009.
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Science (INFORMS)
- 2012 INFORMS Section on Public Programs, Services and Needs (SPPSN) Best Paper Competition (Finalist)
- 2012 INFORMS Innovation in Analytics Award (Semifinalist)
- 2013 IIE Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award (Second place)
- 2014-2015 Collins Scholar, University of Illinois, College of Engineering