- Ph.D., Electric Power Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2000)
- B.Sc., Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria (1994)
For more information
Selected Articles in Journals
- Loder D, Feddersen M, Sanchez R, Haran K, Sumption M, Kovacs C, Majoros M, Collings EW, Doll D, Peng X, Yue J, "Demonstration of a Practical Nb3Sn Coil for an Actively-Shielded Generator", IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity. 2017 Jan 16.
- Harmukh, Sajal Kumar, Kiruba S. Haran, S. Salon, and Jan Stein. "Root Cause Analysis Of Arcing In Retaining Rings Of Turbogenerators." IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications (2016).
- K. S. Haran, D. Loder, T. O. Deppen and L. Zheng, "Actively Shielded High-Field Air-Core Superconducting Machines," in IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 98-105, March 2016.
- Bray, J. W., R. Fair, and K. Haran. "Wind and Ocean Power Generators." Applied Superconductivity, IEEE Transactions on 24.3 (2014): 1-7.
- Stautner, W; Mine, S.; Sivasubramaniam, K.; Amm, K., A Cryo-Free 10 T High-Field Magnet System for a Novel Superconducting ApplicationExperimental Results, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 22, no. 3, June 2012
- Sivasubramaniam, K.; Zhang, T.; Lokhandwalla, M.; Laskaris, E.T.; Bray, J.W.; Gerstler, B.; Shah, M.R.; Alexander, J.P., Development of a High Speed HTS Generator for Airborne Applications, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Volume 19, Issue 3, Part 2, June 2009.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Sanchez, Reed; Yi, Xuan; Chen, Yuanshan; Zheng, Lijun; Haran, Kiruba, "Mechanical Validation of High Power Density Rotor", IEMDC 2017
- Renner, Nathaniel James; Lenz, Jackson David; Haran, Kiruba Sivasubramaniam, "Development of Form-Wound Air-Core Armature Windings for High Frequency Electric Machines", IEMDC 2017
- Yi, Xuan; Yoon, Andy; Haran, Kiruba, "Multi-Physics Optimization for High-Frequency Air-Core Permanent-Magnet Motor of Aircraft Application", IEMDC 2017
- X. Zhang, K. Haran, "High-Specific-Power Electrical Machines Challenges and Technologies", ECCE 2016
- D. Loder, R. Sanchez, M. Feddersen, K. Haran, "Optimal Configuration for a High Specific Power Superconducting Machine", ASC 2016
- David Loder, K. S. Haran, "Novel Superconducting Machine with Auxiliary Field Windings", IEMDC 2015
- High Frequency Aircore Machine & Drive. Special Session on Hybrid Propulsion Concept Development for Transport Class Aircraft at AIAA SciTech, 2017.
- Keynote: Electric Propulsion for Commercial Transport Aircraft. IEEE ICIAfS, 2016.
- High specific power machines and drives for electric propulsion. AIAA Aircraft Electric/Hybrid-Electric Power & Propulsion Workshop, 2016.
- Superconducting machines for future electric aircraft. More Electric Aircraft USA, 2016.
- Key Electrical Technologies: Design and Test of Superconducting Electric Machines for Airborne Application. 2nd Bauhaus Luftfahrt Symposium Aviation 2050 Shaping the Future, 2015.
- 1MW Non-cryogenic Motor. AFRL, Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on: Electric and Hybrid Electric Propulsion for Aviation, IET Electric Power Applications Journal
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2015 -
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students - ECE 330 Electromechanics and Power Circuits (2016)
- IEEE PES Distinguished Lecturer (2017)
- Grainger Associate (2016)
- IEEE Fellow (2014)
- GE Power Conversion Systems Technical Achievement Award (2010)
- GE Chief Engineers Award (2008)
- Asian Pacific American Researcher of the Year (2007)
- Hull Award, GE Global Research (2006)
- National Academy of Engineers' Frontiers of Engineering Symposium (2005)
- GE Power Systems Engineering Award (2002)
- Allen B. Dumont Prize, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2000)