- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia
- B.S. in Biological Engineering, Cornell University
- Teaching Assistant Professor in Bioengineering (2016-present), University of Illinois
- Lecturer in Bioengineering (2015-2016), University of Illinois
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2013-2015), Sanofi Oncology
- Drug discovery
- Cancer biology
- Systems pharmacology
- Engineering Education
Chapters in Books
- Jensen KJ*, Bose AK*, Janes KA. (2013) Systems-engineering principles in signal transduction and cell-fate choice. In: CRC Handbook of Biomedical Engineering (eds. JD Bronzino, DR Peterson), pp 1642. CRC Press, Boca Raton.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Jensen KJ*, Moyer CB*, Janes KA. (2016) Network Architecture Predisposes an Enzyme to Either Pharmacologic or Genetic Targeting. Cell Systems 2, 112-121.
- Kang BK*, Jensen KJ*, Hatch JA, Janes KA. (2013) Simultaneous profiling of 194 distinct receptor transcripts in human cells. Science Signaling 6, rs13.
- Jensen KJ, Garmaroudi FS, Zhang J, Lin J, Boroomand S, Zhang M, Luo Z, Yang D, Luo H, McManus BM, and Janes KA. (2013) An ERKp38 subnetwork coordinates host-cell apoptosis and necrosis during coxsackievirus B3 infection. Cell Host Microbe 13, 67-76.
- Jensen KJ, Janes KA. (2012) Modeling the latent dimensions of multivariate signaling datasets. Physical Biology, 9, 045004.
- Janes KA, Wang CC, Holmberg KJ, Cabral K, Brugge JS. (2010) Identifying single-cell molecular programs by stochastic profiling. Nature Methods 7, 311-317.
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent (2015, 2016)
- Scholar Award, Women In Cancer Research (WICR), American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) (2013)
- Scholar Award, ARCS Foundation (2012)
- Research Scholar Award, Joanna M. Nicolay Melanoma Foundation (2011)