- Ph.D., MIT, 2003
- Sc.B., Brown University, 1998
- Associate Professor, Yale University, Electrical Engineering, 1/2013- 8/2016
- Assistant Professor, Yale University, Electrical Engineering, 1/2008-12/2012
For more information
- Microelectronics and Photonics
- Semiconductor materials
Selected Articles in Journals
- D. Jung, J. Faucher, S. Mukherjee, A. Akey, D. J. Ironside, M. Cabral, X. Sang, J. Lebeau, S. R. Bank, T. Buonassisi, O. Moutanabbir, and M. L. Lee, "Highly tensile-strained Ge/InAlAs nanocomposites," Nature Communications, 8, 14204 (2017)
- K. Nay Yaung, M. Vaisman, J. Lang, M. L. Lee, "GaAsP solar cells on GaP/Si with low threading dislocation density," Applied Physics Letters, 109, 032107 (2016).
- C. J. K. Richardson and M. L. Lee, Metamorphic epitaxial materials, MRS Bulletin, 41, 193198 (2016).
- D. Jung, L. Yu, D. Wasserman, M. L. Lee, Mid-infrared electroluminescence from InAs type-I quantum wells grown on InAsP/InP metamorphic buffers, Journal of Applied Physics, 118, 183101 (2015).
- S.-M. Lee, A. Kwong, D. Jung, J. Faucher, R. Biswas, L. Shen, D. Kang, M. L. Lee, J. Yoon, High Performance Ultrathin GaAs Solar Cells Enabled with Heterogeneously Integrated Dielectric Periodic Nanostructures, ACS Nano, 9, 10356 (2015)
- P. J. Simmonds, C. D. Yerino, M. Sun, B. Liang, D. L. Huffaker, V. G. Dorogan, Y. I. Mazur, G. J. Salamo, and M. L. Lee, Tuning quantum dot luminescence below the bulk bandgap using tensile strain, ACS Nano, vol. 7, 5017-5023 (2013).
- Y. Song and M. L. Lee, InGaAs/GaP quantum dot light-emitting diodes on Si, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 141906, (2013).
- S. Tomasulo, K. N. Yaung, and M. L. Lee, Metamorphic GaAsP and InGaP Solar Cells on GaAs, IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 2, 56-61 (2012)
- Ackerman Award for Teaching and Mentoring (Yale) (2015)
- Best student presentation award to advisee Michelle Vaisman for her talk, Record-efficiency GaAsP Solar Cells Grown by MBE on GaP/Si, North American Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (2016)
- IBM Faculty Award (2016)
- Best student presentation award to advisee Joseph Faucher for his talk, Initiation strategies for simultaneous control of antiphase domains and stacking faults in GaAs solar cells on Ge, North American Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (2015)
- Best student presentation award to advisee Kevin Nay Yaung for his talk, Towards high efficiency GaAsP solar cells on (001) GaP/Si, IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (2014)
- Best student presentation award to advisee Stephanie Tomasulo for her talk, 2.2 eV InGaP solar cells on GaP substrates, IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (2013)
- Best poster prize to advisee Jordan Lang for GaAsP solar cells grown on GaP/Si by molecular beam epitaxy, IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (2013)
- Young Investigator Award, North American conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (2012)
- Best oral presentation award to advisee Joseph Faucher for his talk, GaAsP solar cells on SiGe/Si virtual substrates with high open-circuit voltage, Materials Research Society Fall meeting (2012)
- Best student presentation to advisee Christopher Yerino for his talk, Tensile strained III-V quantum dots on a (110) surface, Electronic Materials Conference (2012)
- Lange Lecturer in Materials (UCSB) (2012)
- DARPA Young Faculty Award (2011)
- Best student poster award to advisee Stephanie Tomasulo, 2.0 eV metamorphic InGaP solar cells grown by molecular beam epitaxy, North American Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy (2010)
- NSF CAREER Award (2010)
- Early Career Author Award, RTI International (2007)
- Science and Engineering Annual Award, RTI International (2006)
- George E. Smith Best Paper Award, IEEE Electron Device Society (2005)
- Gold Award Winner, MRS Spring Meeting (2003)