- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University (Stanford, USA) 6/2006
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University (Stanford, USA) 3/2002
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University (Seoul, Korea) 3/2000
- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 7/2013-present
- Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University 6/2011-7/2013
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University 8/2006-6/2011
For more information
- Combustion & Propulsion: energetically enhanced combustion, advanced hypersonic propulsion systems
- Alternative Energy Sources: next-generation renewable biofuels, hydrogen based power generation
- Laser and Optical Diagnostics: high-speed laser diagnostics of chemical and physical parameters in reactive flows
- Fluid Mechanics & Thermal Sciences
Selected Articles in Journals
- Hammack, S., S. Kostka, A. Lynch, C. Carter, and T. Lee, "High-Speed Simultaneous PLIF and Chemiluminescence of OH in a Microwave Plasma Enhanced Flame," IEEE Transactions, Special Issue on Plasma Assisted Technologies, accepted and in print (2013).
- Hammack, S., T. Lee, K. Hsu, and C. Carter, "High-Repetition-Rate OH Planar Laser-Induced Fluorescence of a Supersonic Cavity Flameholder," AIAA Journal, 29, 5, 1248-1251 (2013).
- Allen, C., D. Valco, E. Toulson, T. Edwards, and T. Lee, "Ignition Behavior and Surrogate Modeling of JP-8 and of Camelina and Tallow Hydrotreated Renewable Jet Fuels at Low Temperatures," Combustion and Flame, 160, 2, 232-239 (2012).
- Hammack, S., J. Gord, C. Carter, and T. Lee, "Nitric Oxide PLIF at 10 kHz in a seeded flow, a plasma discharge, and a flame," Optics Letters, 51, 36, 8817-8824 (2012).
- Rao, X., K. Hemawan, C. Carter, I. Wichman, T. Grotjohn, J. Asmussen, and T. Lee, "Combustion Dynamics for Energetically Enhanced Flames using Microwave Energy Coupling," Proc. Comb. Symp. 33, 2, 3233-3240 (2010).
- Allen, C., G. Mittal, C.J. Sung, E. Toulson, and T. Lee, "An Aerosol Rapid Compression Machine for Studying Energetic-Nanoparticle-Enhanced Combustion of Liquid Fuels," Proc. Comb. Symp. 33, 2, 3367-3374 (2010).
- Rao, X., I. Matveev, and T. Lee, "Nitric Oxide Formation in a Premixed Flame with High Level Plasma Energy Coupling," IEEE Transactions, Special Issue on Plasma Science, 37, 12, 2303-2313 (2009).
- Lee, T., W. G. Bessler, H. Kronemayer, C. Schulz, J. B. Jeffries, and R. K. Hanson, "Quantitative temperature measurements in high-pressure flames with multi-line NO-LIF thermometry," Applied Optics 44-31, 6718-6728 (2005).
- Teacher Scholar Award, Michigan State University 2011
- SAE Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award, SAE International 2010
- Withrow Teaching Excellence Award, John D. and Dortha J. Withrow Endowment 2009
- Withrow Junior Distinguished Scholar Award, Michigan State University 2012
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship, Air Force Research Laboratory 2011
- ONR Young Investigator Program Award, Office of Naval Research 2011
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship, Air Force Research Laboratory 2010
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), President Barack Obama 2010
- AFOSR Young Investigator Program Award, Air Force Office of Scientific Research 2008
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship, Air Force Research Laboratory 2009
- IRGP New Faculty Award 2006, Michigan State University 2006
- Bernard Lewis Fellowship, Combustion Institute 2006