- M.S. Electrical engineering, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1999
- Ph.D., Electrical engineering, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 2003
For more information
- Two-dimensional (2D) materials
- Nano-scale electronic and photonic devices
- Flexible electronics based on 2D materials
- Micro and Nanoelectronics
- Optoelectronics and Nanophotonics
Selected Articles in Journals
- Min She Tsu-Jae King Chenming Hu Wenjuan Zhu, Zhijiong Luo Jin-Ping Han Tso-Ping Ma, JVD silicon nitride as tunnel dielectric in p-channel flash memory, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 23, Issue: 2, pp. 91-93, (2002)
- Y. Yang, W. J. Zhu, T.P Ma and S. Stemmer, High-temperature phase stability of hafnium aluminate films for alternative gate dielectrics, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 95, No.7, pp.3772-3777, (2004)
- W.J. Zhu, J.P. Han, and T.P. Ma, Mobility Measurement and Degradation Mechanisms of MOSFETs MadeWith Ultrathin High-k Dielectrics, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 51, No.1, pp.98- 105, (2004).
- W. J. Zhu and T.P. Ma, Temperature dependence of channel mobility in HfO2-gated NMOSFETs, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 89- 91, (2004).
- Wenjuan Zhu, V. Perebeinos, M. Freitag and Ph. Avouris, Carrier scattering, mobilities, and electrostatic potential in monolayer, bilayer, and trilayer graphene, Physics Review B, Vol. 80, 235402, (2009)
- Y.-M. Lin, C. Dimitrakopoulos, D. B. Farmer, S-J. Han, Y. Wu, Wenjuan Zhu, D. K. Gaskill, J. L. Tedesco, R.L. Myers-Ward, C.R. Eddy, Jr., Alfred Grill, and Ph. Avouris, Multicarrier transport in epitaxial multilayer graphene, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 97, 112107, (2010).
- Wenjuan Zhu, D. Neumayer, V. Perebeinos, and Ph. Avouris, Silicon Nitride Gate Dielectrics and Band Gap Engineering in Graphene Layers, Nano Letters, Vol. 10, pp. 3572, (2010).
- Hugen Yan, Fengnian Xia, Wenjuan Zhu, Marcus Freitag, Christos Dimitrakopoulos, Ageeth A. Bol, George Tulevski, and Phaedon Avouris, Infrared Spectroscopy of Wafer-Scale Graphene, ACS Nano, Vol. 5, No.12, pp 9854, (2011)
- Wenjuan Zhu, C. Dimitrakopoulos, M. Freitag and Ph. Avouris, Layer Number Determination and Thickness-dependent Properties of Graphene Grown on SiC, IEEE Transactions of nanotechnology, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp.1196, (2011).
- Yanqing Wu, Keith A Jenkins, Alberto Valdes-Garcia, Damon B Farmer, Yu Zhu, Ageeth A Bol, Christos Dimitrakopoulos, Wenjuan Zhu, Fengnian Xia, Phaedon Avouris, Yu-Ming Lin, State-of-the-art graphene high-frequency electronics, Nano Letters, 12, pp 30623067, (2012)
- Ching-Tzu Chen, Tony Low, Hsin-Ying Chiu and Wenjuan Zhu, Graphene-Side-Gate Engineering, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 33, No.3, pp. 330, March 2012
- Hugen Yan, Zhiqiang Li, Xuesong Li, Wenjuan Zhu, Phaedon Avouris, Fengnian Xia, Infrared spectroscopy of tunable dirac terahertz magneto-plasmons in graphene, Nano Letters, 12, pp 37663771, (2012)
- Yanqing Wu, Damon B Farmer, Wenjuan Zhu, Shu-Jen Han, Christos D Dimitrakopoulos, Ageeth A Bol, Phaedon Avouris, Yu-Ming Lin, Three-terminal graphene negative differential resistance devices, ACS Nano, 6, pp 26102616, (2012)
- Hugen Yan, Xuesong Li, Bhupesh Chandra, George Tulevski, Yanqing Wu, Marcus Freitag, Wenjuan Zhu, Phaedon Avouris, Fengnian Xia , Tunable infrared plasmonic devices using graphene/insulator stacks, Nature Nanotechnology 7, 330334 (2012)
- Wenjuan Zhu, Tony Low, Vasili Perebeinos, Ageeth A. Bol, Yu Zhu, Hugen Yan, Jerry Tersoff, Phaedon Avouris, Structure and electronic transport in graphene wrinkles, Nano Letters, Vol. 12, pp 34313436, (2012)
- Wenjuan Zhu, Damon Farmer, Keith Jenkins, Bruce Ek, Satoshi Oida, Xuesong Li, Jim Bucchignano, Simon Dawes, Elizabeth A. Duch, and Phaedon Avouris, Graphene radio frequency devices on flexible substrate, Appl. Phys. Lett. Vol. 102, 233102 (2013)
- Marcus Freitag, Tony Low, Wenjuan Zhu, Hugen Yan, Fengnian Xia, Phaedon Avouris, "Photocurrent in graphene harnessed by tunable intrinsic plasmons", Nature Communications, Vol. 4, Article number:1951, (2013).
- Wenjuan Zhu, Tony Low, Damon B. Farmer, Keith Jenkins, Bruce Ek, and Phaedon Avouris, Effect of dual gate control on the alternating current performance of graphene radio frequency device, J. Appl. Phys. 114, 044307 (2013)
- Hugen Yan, Tony Low, Wenjuan Zhu, Yanqing Wu, Marcus Freitag, Xuesong Li, Francisco Guinea, Phaedon Avouris and Fengnian Xia, "Damping pathways of mid-infrared plasmons in graphene nanostructures", Nature Photonics, 7, pp.394399, (2013)
- Yilei Li, Hugen Yan, Damon B Farmer, Xiang Meng, Wenjuan Zhu, Richard M Osgood, Tony F Heinz, Phaedon Avouris, Graphene plasmon enhanced vibrational sensing of surface-adsorbed layers, Nano Letters, Vol.14, pp 15731577, (2014)
- Marcus Freitag, Tony Low, Luis Martin-Moreno, Wenjuan Zhu, Francisco Guinea and Phaedon Avouris, Substrate-Sensitive Mid-infrared Photoresponse in Graphene, ACS Nano, Vol. 8, pp 83508356, (2014)
- Wenjuan Zhu, Tony Low, Yi-Hsien Lee, Han Wang, Damon B. Farmer, Jing Kong, Fengnian Xia and Phaedon Avouris, Electronic transport and device prospects of monolayer molybdenum disulphide grown by chemical vapour deposition, Nature Communications, Vol. 5, Article number: 3087, (2014)
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- W. C. Yap and W. J. Zhu, "Novel Two-dimensional GeSe-MoS2 PN Heterojunctions", 47th IEEE Semiconductor Interface Specialists Conference, (2016)
- J. Liu, and W. J. Zhu, "Characterization of Interface States in Black Phosphorus Capacitors with Boron Nitride Gate Dielectrics", 47th IEEE Semiconductor Interface Specialists Conference, (2016)
- Z. Yang, M.-H. Chuang, Y.-H. Lee, and W.J. Zhu, Electronic Transport and Optical Properties of Two-Dimensional (2D) MoS2-WS2 Heterostructures CNST 14th Annual Nanotechnology Workshop, (2016).
- W.J. Zhu, D. Farmer, Y. Wu, B. Ek, K. Jenkins, Ph. Avouris, Effect of back-gate bias on Graphene RF device performance, APS March Meeting, Volume 58, Number 1, (2013).
- H. Yan, T. Low, W.J. Zhu, Y. Wu, F. Guinea, F. Xia, Ph. Avouris, Optical Properties of Graphene Nanoribbons, APS March Meeting, Volume 58, Number 1, (2013).
- Z. Chen, H. Yan, X. Li, W.J. Zhu, Ph. Avouris, F. Xia, Z. Li, Tunable magneto-plasmons in graphene: an infrared study, APS March Meeting, Volume 58, Number 1. (2013).
- W.J. Zhu, T. Low, V. Perebeinos, A. A. Bol, Y. Zhu, H. Yan, J. Tersoff, and Ph. Avouris, Structure and electronic transport in graphene wrinkles, Material Research Symposium, (2012).
- H. Yan, F. Xia, X. Li, B. Chandra, G. Tulevski, Y. Wu, M. Freitag, W.J. Zhu, Ph. Avouris, Dirac Plasmas in Graphene, APS March Meeting, Volume 57, Number 1, Session P6, (2012).
- W.J. Zhu, T. Low, V. Perebeinos, A. A. Bol, Y. Zhu, H. Yan, J. Tersoff, and Ph. Avouris, Graphene wrinkles: Structure and effects on electronic transport, 4th IBM Semiconductor Technology Symposium, (2012).
- Y.-M. Lin, C. Dimitrakopoulos, D. Farmer, S.-J. Han, Y. Wu, W.J. Zhu, D. Kurt Gaskill, J. Tedesco, R. Myers-Ward, C. Eddy, Jr., A. Grill, Ph. Avouris, Carrier Transport in Epitaxial Multi-layer Graphene, APS March Meeting, Volume 56, Number 1, (2011).
- W.J. Zhu, C. Dimitrakopoulos, M. Freitag, Ph. Avouris,"Layer Number Determination and Thickness-dependent Properties of Graphene Grown on SiC", American Vacuum Society 58th International Symposium & Exhibition, (2011).
- P. Jamison, M. Copel, M. Chudzik, M.M. Frank, B.P.Linder, R.Jammy, W. Zhu, “A comparison of electrical and physical properties of MOCVD hafnium silicate thin films deposited using various silicon precursors”, Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, v 917, Gate Stack Scaling: Materials Selection, Role of Interfaces, and Reliability Implications, p 95-99, (2006)
- Current transport, gate dielectrics and band gap engineering in graphene devices
- Graphene material properties and devices
- Two-dimensional Materials and Nano-scale Devices
- Two-dimensional Crystals and Nano-scale Devices
Conferences Organized or Chaired
- Organizer and session chair for America Physical Society (APS) meeting, 2015;
Other Scholarly Activities
- Reviewer for Nano Letters, IEEE Electron Device Letters, IEEE Transactions on electron devices, Applied Physics Letters, Proceedings of Materials Research Society (MRS) Fall Meeting, Device Research Conference (DRC).
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of American Physical Society (APS)
- Member of American Vacuum Society (AVS)
- Member of Material Research Society (MRS)
- Invention Achievement Awards at IBM (2005-2013)
- Invention achieve high value award at IBM (2013)