- Stony Brook University PhD 1996 Theoretical statistical physics
- 2015- Full Professor and Bliss Faculty Scholar at the Department of Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (100%)
- 2015- Senior Faculty at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), UIUC (0%)
- 2015- Faculty Affiliate at Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB) at UIUC (0%)
Other Professional Employment
- 8/2015present Joint Appointment at the Department of Biology, Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY, USA
- Big Data
- Biomolecular modeling
- Cancer biology
- Cancer genomics
- Complex system modeling
- Computational biology and biomedicine
- Computational evolutionary and systems biology
- Dynamics of complex biomolecular networks
- Gene regulation
- Gene regulatory networks in bacteria
- Genomics of bacteria and their communities
- Neural modeling
- Noise biology
- Polymer mechanics
- Quantitative biology
- Statistical learning
- Systems biology
- Theoretical biological physics
- Computational and Systems Biology
Chapters in Books
- Maslov, S., Sneppen, K., and Alon, U. (2003). Correlation Profiles and Circuit Motifs in Complex Networks, an invited book chapter in the "Handbook of Graphs and Networks", S. Bornholdt, and H.-G. Schuster, (eds.), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim.
Selected Articles in Journals
- Tkachenko AV & Maslov S (2015) Spontaneous emergence of autocatalytic information-coding polymers. J Chem Phys 143(4):045102.
- Maslov S & Sneppen K (2015) Well-temperate phage: optimal bet-hedging against local environmental collapses. Sci Rep 5:10523.
- Maslov S & Sneppen K (2015) Diversity Waves in Collapse-Driven Population Dynamics. PLoS Comput Biol 11(9):e1004440.
- Dixit PD, Pang TY, Studier FW, & Maslov S (2015) Recombinant transfer in the basic genome of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112(29):9070-9075.
- Pang TY & Maslov S (2013) Universal distribution of component frequencies in biological and technological systems. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 110(15):6235-6239.
- Dixit PD & Maslov S (2013) Evolutionary Capacitance and Control of Protein Stability in Protein-Protein Interaction Networks. PLoS Computational Biology 9(4).
- Grilli J, Bassetti B, Maslov S, & Lagomarsino MC (2012) Joint scaling laws in functional and evolutionary categories in prokaryotic genomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 40(2):530-540.
- Heo M, Maslov S, & Shakhnovich E (2011) Topology of protein interaction network shapes protein abundances and strengths of their functional and nonspecific interactions. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A.:4258-4263.
- Studier FW, Daegelen P, Lenski RE, Maslov S, & Kim JF (2009) Understanding the differences between genome sequences of Escherichia coli B strains REL606 and BL21(DE3) and comparison of the E. coli B and K-12 genomes. Journal of molecular biology 394(4):653-680.
- Maslov S, Krishna S, Pang TY, & Sneppen K (2009) Toolbox model of evolution of prokaryotic metabolic networks and their regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106(24):9743-9748.
- Maslov S & Sneppen K (2002) Specificity and stability in topology of protein networks. Science 296(5569):910-913.