How to Apply
This section applies only to international students from University of Illinois-College of Engineering partner schools. You will receive a link and access code to the online application system from the study abroad coordinator at your home university. Once you receive that information, follow the instructions below to create your application:
- Click on the link provided by your study abroad advisor
- Click apply now
- In the pop up box that appears click “OK”. Please note you will not be charged an application fee.
- For the question "Have you received your login credentials already via email?" select “NO”, then click “Submit”
- Select the Institution you currently attend from the list. Then click “Submit”.
- Fill in the new User form, then click “Create account”.
- You will receive an email with your login credentials and an access code, clicking the link in the email will take you to the login page. The username is your UIUC email address, type or copy and paste the temporary password.
- Next you will select Password Reset Security Questions, click “Update.
- Change Temporary password. Please use a password that you are familiar with as this is how you will access your application.
- Select Term for which you wish to attend the University of Illinois.
- Enter the Access Code provided by your home school coordinator.
- You are now on the program application page. Click on the name of the Document or Questionnaire to complete.
Note: All application sections MUST be complete for consideration. Incomplete applications may be denied!
If you have any questions, please contact the study abroad program coordinator at your home university. Below is additional information concerning some of the required application materials.
|Official Transcript||Students must submit the most recent copy of their official transcript of grades from their home university.|
|Declaration and Certification of Finances Statement||The Declaration and Certification of Finances form MUST be accompanied by a bank letter/statement verifying funds for the guarantor. The name of the guarantor on the Declaration and Certification of Finances Statement must be an exact match to the name in the bank verification letter/statement. The US dollar amount that exchange students must verify per semester/academic year is evaluated annually.|
|Bank Verification Letter/Statement||The bank verification letter/statement is closely scrutinized and is the main reason for delays in application processing. The bank letter must state XXXX (insert full name), a client of our bank, has the equivalent of XXXX (insert US dollar amount depending on the term that you will study at UIUC) in an account with this bank as of XXXX (insert date). Bank verification letters that do not specifically indicate the necessary US dollar amount in the guarantor’s account on a specific date will not be accepted.|
|Name Page of Passport||To verify the identity of each applicant and to ensure accuracy of personal information, you must include a copy of the personal information page of your passport.
Please make sure that your name, place of birth, date of birth, and other details are completely legible on the passport copy that you upload into the application system.
Passports need to be valid up to six months after the date of your intended departure from the United States. For example, if you plan to remain in the U.S. through June 2014, your passport must be valid until at least December 2014.