There are a large number of courses (2500+) that have been taken by engineering students studying abroad during the summer, semester, or academic year. These courses have been reviewed and approved by faculty and staff in the College of Engineering to satisfy technical and non-technical degree requirements.
This database may help you in planning where you may want to study abroad! Keep in mind thecourses in this database are not the only courses you can take at a particular institution, it is whatprevious students have taken. While this is a good starting point, we recommend that you viewthe partner university course listings for additional courses you can take abroad.
For a listing of study abroad courses previously approved for College of Engineering students:
- Log into the Course Approval Database with your NetID and password.
- Please read directions carefully.
- Search the database by Country, City and/or Institution.
- Determine if a course approval applies to you, using the general usage rules.
- If it does, print detail page and attach it to your Course Approval Summary Form (CASF).
Engineering students studying abroad through the campus Study Abroad Office (SAO) should also look at the SAO course approval database. To access the database, please follow the steps below. If you find a course you would like to add, please print off the course detail page and attach it to your CASF.
To access the SAO course database:
- Click the following link: https://filemaker.admin.illinois.edu/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=IPS-Course%20Approval%20db&- loadframes
- Click on “IPS-Course Approval db”.
- On the login page, click Guest Account and then click Login; (no Account Name or Password is necessary).
- Follow the instructions on the Welcome to the Study Abroad Course Approval Database page to start your search.
NOTE: Be advised that course availability is not guaranteed for the term you will be abroad. Please cross-reference the courses in these databases with your host institution’s updated class schedule.