Here at Illinois, we're proud of our strong track record of technology innovation and commercialization.
We lead the nation in funding from the National Science Foundation and are conducting a critical mass of research in many important areas including: advanced materials and manufacturing, big data/data analytics/computing, biomedical/bioengineering, and energy technologies. Our corporate partners are also making huge impacts in these areas and we're happy to join forces with them for even greater results.
Overview of Corporate Partners
- 160+ corporate partners to date
- 115+ companies in 17 buildings throughout the fast-growing 200-acre Research Park, which is adjacent to campus
- 650+ interns trained per year in the Research Park alone, which fuels new pipeline talent
- 2,000+ research projects per year across every engineering discipline
A Brief Sample of Current Partners
These partners demonstrate the broad spectrum of industries and types of relationships we cultivate at Illinois.
- AB InBev
- BNSF Railway
- Dow Chemical
- John Deere
- Phillips 66
- State Farm
Great Startups from Illinois
When you combine hundreds of world-renownded faculty and thousands of the best and brightest students you get an explosion of innovation across a vast array of technologies. The result is a top-ranked incubator and Research Park.
- More than 150 startups to date
- Raised more than $550 million in venture capital and angel funding
- Several large-scale successes, including ByteMobile's purchase by Citrix for $425 million
- 2011 Outstanding Research Park
- 2013 Top 3 College Town Incubator – Inc. Magazine
Corporations Started at Illinois
The leaders of some of the world’s top companies got their start here at Illinois. Our entrepreneurial nature combined with multidisciplinary focus and a drive for results builds a culture of leadership that stays with them long after graduation.
Sample of Top Companies Built by Engineering at Illinois Talent
- Bloom Energy