Why Engage With Us?
The world’s top companies are drawn to Illinois because of our global reputation for leadership in engineering research and education, plus our environment that promotes a unique culture of collaboration and innovation among the nation's brightest engineers and faculty.
In the Engineering Corporate Relations team, we work with companies to assess your needs and identify the academic units, laboratories, centers, faculty, and students that can help you meet your objectives.
Our Broad Expertise
- A Top 5 engineering college with 16 undergraduate and graduate programs also ranked in the Top 5
- $40M+ of corporate sponsored research per year
- $229M in research expenditures for 2000+ research projects per year
- 400+ faculty who are the most cited in the world, according to Thomson Reuters
Our Entrepreneurial Culture
- 30+ companies founded by faculty and students
- Top 10 in the country for venture capital investments per capita
- Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors and winners of the American Ingenuity Award
- 90+ companies in our adjacent 200 acre top-ranked Research Park
- 150+ start-ups to date through University owned EnterpriseWorks incubator, named as one of Inc Magazine's "Top 3 College Town Incubators"
Our Multidisciplinary Focus
- $75M+ in multidisciplinary research expenditures, which has more than tripled in less than a decade, including translational research in:
- Advanced materials and manufacturing
- Biomedical technology and devices
- Energy technologies
- Data analytics and computing
- 60+ laboratories, research centers, and institutes, including:
- 8 multidisciplinary research centers with significant industry engagement: