- Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Computational Electromagnetics interested in using Finite Difference Time Domain techniques to the problems of radar backscatter from turbulent regions of the neutral atmosphere and the ionosphere. Also interested in applying different numerical methods to these problems and in using parallel computing for these computationally demanding problems.
- Radar and optical remote sensing of the upper atmosphere.
- Atmospheric Dynamics - study the dynamics and thermodynamics of the upper atmosphere through data analysis of radar and lidar data, and through the numerical simulations of different types of flow.
- Atmospheric and ionospheric measurements
- Atmospheric and ionospheric theory
- Atmospheric waves
- Computational electromagnetics
- Electromagnetic theory
- Electromagnetics and Optics
- Parallel processing
- Radar and LIDAR
- Radar scattering
- Radio and optical wave propagation
- Signal Processing
- Nominated for the Outstanding Teaching awarding Electrical and Computer