- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, 2010
- M.S., Applied Mathematics, Tsinghua University, China, 2006
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Sci. & Tech. Beijing, China, 2001
- Associate Professor, Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 8/2017 - present
- Associate Professor, Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Wichita State University, 8/2015 - 7/2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Wichita State University, 8/2010 - 7/2015
For more information
Other Professional Activities
- President-Elect, Quality Control and Reliability Engineering (QCRE) Division at IISE (2017 ~ present)
- Track Co-Chair, Quality Control and Reliability Engineering (QCRE) Track at IISE Annual Conference (2017, 2018)
- Member, Design Automation Executive Committee at ASME (2017 ~ 2022)
- Member, Non-Deterministic Approach (NDA) Technical Committee at AIAA (2014 ~ present)
Selected Articles in Journals
- Yodo, N.*, Wang, P., and Rafi, M., "Enabling Resilience of Complex Engineered Systems Using Control Theory," IEEE Trans. On Reliability, DOI: 10.1109/TR.2017.2746754, 2017.
- Yodo, N.*, Wang, P., and Zhou, Z., "Predictive Resilience Analysis of Complex Systems Using Dynamic Bayesian Networks," IEEE Trans. On Reliability, 66(3), 761-770, 2017.
- Bai, G.*, and Wang, P., "Prognostics Using An Adaptive Self-Cognizant Dynamic System Approach," IEEE Trans. on Reliability, 65(3), 1427-1437, 2016.
- Yodo, N.*, and Wang, P., "Engineering Resilience Quantification and System Design Implications: A Literature Survey," Journal of Mechanical Design, 138(11), 111408, 2016.
- Bai, G *, and Wang, P., "An Internal State Variable Mapping Approach for Li-Plating Diagnosis," Power Sources, Vol. 323, pp.115-124, 2016.
- Yodo, N.*, and Wang, P., Engineering Resilience Allocation for Early State Design of Complex Engineered Systems," Journal of Mechanical Design, 138(9), 091402, 2016.
- Wang, Z. *, and Wang, P., "Accelerated Failure Identification Sampling for Probability Analysis of Rare Failure Events," Struct. Multidiscipl. Optim. 54(1), 137-149, 2016.
- Yodo, N. *, and Wang, P., "Resilience Modeling and Quantification for Engineering Systems Using Bayesian Networks," Journal of Mechanical Design, 138(3), 031404, 2016.
- Almaktoom, A.T. *, Krishnan, K., and Wang, P., "Cost Efficient Robust Global Supply Chain System Design under Uncertainty," International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 85(1), pp. 853-868, 2016.
- Wang, P., Wang, Z. *, Youn, B., and Lee, S., "Reliability-based Robust Design of Smart Sensing Systems for Failure Diagnostics Using Piezoelectric Materials," Computers & Structures, vol.156, pp.110-121, 2015.
- Wang, Z. *, and Wang, P., "A Double-Loop Adaptive Sampling Approach for Sensitivity-Free Dynamic Reliability Analysis," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol.142, pp.346-456, 2015.
- Bai, G. *, Wang, P., Hu, C., and Pecht, M., "A Generic Model-Free Approach for Lithium-ion Battery Health Management," Applied Energy, vol. 135, pp. 247-260, 2014.
- Tamilselvan, P. *, and Wang, P., Failure Diagnosis Using Deep Belief Learning Based Health State Classification, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 115, pp.124-135, 2013.
- Editorial Board Member, SME Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 2017 ~ present
- Review Editor, Journal of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization (SAMO), 2016 ~ present
- ASME Design Automation Young Investigator Award (ASME, 2016)
- NSF CAREER Award (NSF, 2014)
- Wallace Award for Excellence in Research (WSU, 2014)
- Polished Professor Award (WSU, 2014)
- ASME-DAC Best Paper Award (ASME, 2013)
- Young Faculty Scholar Award (WSU, 2013)
- Young Researcher Award (ISGMA, 2012)
- IEEE PHM Best Paper Award (IEEE Reliability Society, 2012)
- Strategic Engineering Research Fellowship (WSU CoE, 2011)
- First Award (NSF Kansas EPSCoR, 2011)
- Future Faculty Program (FFP) Fellowship (U. Maryland, 2009~2010)
- ASME-DAC Best Paper Award (ASME, 2008)
- C. Raymond Knight Scholarship (U. Maryland, 2007)