- Docent habilitation, Nuclear Power Safety, Royal Institute of Technology, 2011
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Purdue University, 2005
- M.S., Nuclear Engineering, Purdue University, 2004
- B.S., Nuclear Engineering, Purdue University, 2000
- Associate Professor, University of Illinois, Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering, 2017-present
- Associate Professor, National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ), 2016-present
- Visiting Professor, Warsaw Institute of Technology, 2015
- Affiliated Professor, Computational Science and Engineering, 2013-present
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois, Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering, 2011-2017
- Assistant Professor, Royal Institute of Technology, Nuclear Power Safety, Stockholm, Sweden, 2009-2011
For more information
Other Professional Employment
- Post-doctorate researcher, Royal Institute of Technology, Nuclear Power Safety Stockholm, Sweden, 2005-2007
- Multi-Physics Methods and Modeling
- Reactor Design and Safety Analysis
- Reactor Physics and Thermal-Hydraulics
- Numerical Analysis and Computational Methods
- Advanced Reactor Designs
- Multi-Physics Modeling and Simulation
- Nuclear Power
- Reactor Analysis Methods
- Reactor Physics
- Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics
- Reactor Transient and Accident Analysis
- Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Methods
Selected Articles in Journals
- Majdi I. Radaideh, Dean Price, Tomasz Kozlowski, Criticality and uncertainty assessment of assembly misloading in BWR transportation cask, Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 113, pp. 1-14, 2018.
- Guojun Hu, Tomasz Kozlowski, A Roe-type numerical solver for the two-phase two-fluid six-equation model with realistic equation of state, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 326, pp. 354370, 2018.
- Xu Wu, Tomasz Kozlowski, Hadi Meidani, Kriging-based Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of Nuclear Fuel Performance Code BISON Fission Gas Release Model using Time Series Measurement Data, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 169, pp. 422-436, 2018.
- Xu Wu, Travis Mui, Guojun Hu, Hadi Meidani, Tomasz Kozlowski, Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of TRACE Physical Model Parameters using Sparse Grid Stochastic Collocation Surrogate Models, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 319, pp. 185-200, 2017.
- Xu Wu and Tomasz Kozlowski, Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of Reactor Simulations under the Bayesian Framework using Surrogate Models Constructed by Polynomial Chaos Expansion, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 313, pp. 29-52, 2017.
- Guojun Hu and Tomasz Kozlowski, "Inverse uncertainty quantification of TRACE physical model parameters using BFBT benchmark data," Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 96, pp. 197-203, 2016.
- Rijan Shrestha and Tomasz Kozlowski, Inverse Uncertainty Quantification of Input Model Parameters for Thermal-Hydraulics Simulations Using Expectation-Maximization Under Bayesian Framework, Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol. 43, No. 6, 10111026, 2016.
- Rabie A. Abu Saleem, Tomasz Kozlowski, Rijan Shrestha, A solver for the two-phase two-fluid model based on high-resolution total variation diminishing scheme, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 301, pp. 255263, 2016.
- Xu Wu, Tomasz Kozlowski, Jason D. Hales, Neutronics and Fuel Performance Evaluation of Accident Tolerant FeCrAl Cladding under Normal Operation Conditions, Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 85, pp. 763775, 2015.
- M. Avramova, K. Ivanov, T. Kozlowski, et al., Multi-physics and Multi-Scale Benchmarking and Uncertainty Quantification within OECD/NEA Framework, Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 84, pp. 178196, 2015.
- Omar Zerkak, Tomasz Kozlowski, Ivan Gajev, Review of multi-physics temporal coupling methods for analysis of nuclear reactors, Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 84, pp. 225233, 2015.
- Rabie Abu Saleem and Tomasz Kozlowski, Development of High-Resolution Total Variation Diminishing Scheme for Linear Hyperbolic Problems, Journal of Computational Engineering, Vol. 2015, Article ID 575380, 2015.
- Associate Editor for "Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations"