2013 Hall of Fame
The Engineering at Illinois Hall of Fame recognizes Illinois engineering alumni, and others affiliated with the College, who have significant achievements in leadership, entrepreneurship, and innovation of great impact to society. Each year the college will honor these remarkable accomplishments by inducting a class of honorees into the Engineering at Illinois Hall of Fame.
2013 Hall of Fame Inductees
- MS Physics, 1947
- PhD Physics, 1949
- Honorary Degree University of Illinois at Chicago, 1981
For pioneering contributions to elementary particle physics and for applying fundamental physics principles to inform public policy in national security and intelligence.
BS Pennsylvania State University, 1948Pioneer in the field of therapeutic ultrasound who first used computers in diagnostic ultrasonography and neurosonic medical imaging to detect disease.
- BS Ceramic Engineering, 1945
- MBA University of Chicago, 1951
- BS Pennslyvannia State University, 1968
Scientist, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, whose contributions to thick-and thin-film technology have made a significant impact in biomedical, communications, aerospace, and defense industries.
- BS University of Arkansas, 1963
- MS University of Arkansas, 1964
- PhD Computer Science, 1968
Early leader, outstanding innovator and entrepreneur in the CAD/CAM industry, who redefined how we conceptualize, design, and produce millions of products.
- BS Purdue, 1968
- MS Electrical Engineering, 1970
- PhD Electrical Engineering, 1972
- AB Harvard, 1946
- MA Harvard, 1947
- PhD Harvard, 1949