The College of Engineering Graduation Convocation ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 17, 2015. With construction scheduled for the State Farm Center (formerly Assembly Hall), the Engineering ceremony will be held in Huff Hall and will be split into two separate ceremonies: 4:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.
You must attend the ceremony that includes your department/degree. No exceptions will be made.
The 4:30pm ceremony will include the following departments/degrees:
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering (Industrial Engineering and General Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering
The 7:15pm ceremony will include the following departments/degrees:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering in Civil Engineering, and Environmental Science in Civil Engineering)
- Mechanical Science and Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics)
- Nuclear, Plasma and Radiological Engineering Physics (Engineering Physics)
There will be speeches and the usual pomp and circumstance. Each participant’s name will be read as they cross the stage, shake hands with their department head and the Dean, and receive a diploma cover. There will not be a hooding ceremony for the Ph.D. recipients at this program.
Guest tickets are required for the College of Engineering Graduation Convocation Ceremony. After registering online, students must go to room 206 Engineering Hall to pick up their guest tickets (6 tickets per student maximum). Tickets must be picked up by Friday, May 1 at 5:00 p.m. You will not be guaranteed tickets after this date.
Registration to attend the ceremony will begin on Sunday, February 15.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the Engineering Graduation Convocation Coordinator, Kay Kappes, at (217) 333-3528 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving Your Degree
You must declare your intent to graduate with the College of Engineering. This is normally done at the same time you register for your final semester of classes through the student registration system. If you do not complete this step, your name will not appear on the pending degree list, you will not receive information regarding the Graduation Ceremonies, and the date of your degree award and diploma will be delayed.
- If you are a Bachelor of Science student and you have not declared your intent to graduate by the tenth day of class of the semester you plan to graduate, you must contact Kay Kappes, at (217) 333-3528 or at email@example.com.
- If you are a graduate student, please contact your department.
Travel & Accommodations
Future Graduation / Commencement Dates
Sunday, May 17
Saturday, December 19
Sunday, May 15
Saturday, December 17
Sunday, May 14
Saturday, December 23
Sunday, May 13
Saturday, December 22
Sunday, May 12