William R. Miller & Martha L. Behr-Miller Study Abroad Scholarship
A graduate from the University of Illinois, Mechanical Engineering, William Miller, spent a large part of the last eight years of his career in electro-mechanical devices working overseas. As he worked with engineers and managers in various countries, he found there was much to be learned from them in both the technical area and from their culture. This was also true in the opposite direction. Both William and Martha firmly believe that we are less likely to find reasons for war and the threat of war when we have personal friends in other nations of the world. They want to leave a friendlier world for the generations of the future and feel this may be a way to help.
This is why they have established this scholarship – The William L. and Martha Behr-Miller Scholarship – so that future generations of mechanical and theoretic and applied mechanic engineers can help develop his concept and understand other cultures.
Scholarship amounts vary:
- $500 - $2500 award.
- Mechanical and Theoretic and Applied Mechanics students only
- Minimum 3.0 gpa
- Must spend a semester or academic year in an approved location
- Hong Kong
- S. Korea
How to Apply
- No Application Necessary
- Eligible students will be notified
Students offered this scholarship must agree to complete the following requirements upon accepting the Miller and Miller Scholarship:
- if possible, meet with the Miller's prior to the start of your program abroad
- a written “thank you” to the Miller's
- one or two written correspondences (email) to the Millers while you are abroad to update them how you are doing