WERT Study Abroad Scholarship
A former faculty member of Materials Science and Engineering, Charlie Wert, was a strong proponent of not only internationalization but also wanted to strongly encourage students to have completed some type of experience abroad during their academic years at UIUC. While he was very interested in South America, his interests for international activities spanned the globe. Not only did he sponsor the WERT Study Abroad Scholarship, he has also sponsored one other international scholarship available to students, the Charles Wert India-Illinois Scholarship and a MATSE departmental scholarship.
Only the WERT Study Abroad Scholarship is available to undergraduate students in the College of Engineering.
Varies within each program group listed below. ($250 - $1000)
- Engineering undergraduate students participating in an IPENG program to: Argentina, Brazil or Chile
- Engineering freshmen participating in any UIUC sponsored program (i.e., Global Studies)
- Engineering undergraduate women engineering (freshmen) students participating in the Uruguay Summer Women’s Program
* includes Chemical and Agricultural Engineering
How to Apply
- No application necessary
- Eligible students will be notified