How to Apply
This section applies only to international students from University of Illinois-College of Engineering partner schools. You will receive a link and access code to the online application system from the study abroad coordinator at your home university. Once you receive that information, follow the instructions below to create your application:
- Click on the link provided by your study abroad advisor
- Click "Apply Now"
- In the pop up box that appears click "OK". Please note you will not be charged an application fee.
- Select the radio button next to "I do not have login credentials to this site.", then click "Submit".
- Select the radio button next to I am a non-US applicant interested in the following program: Then select the program you are applying to. Then click "Submit".
- Fill in the new User form, then click “Create account”.
- You will receive an email with your username and temporary Password. Clicking the link in the email will take you to the login page. The username is your email address, type or copy and paste the temporary password.
- Next you will select Password Reset Security Questions, click "Update".
- Change Temporary password. Please use a password that you are familiar with as this is how you will access your application.
- Select Term for which you wish to attend the University of Illinois.
- Enter the Access Code provided by your study abroad advisor then click "Save".
- You are now on the program application page. Click on the name of the Document or Questionnaire to complete.
Note: All application sections MUST be complete for consideration. Incomplete applications may be denied!
If you have any questions, please contact the study abroad program coordinator at your home university. Below is additional information concerning some of the required application materials.
|Official Transcript||Students must submit the most recent copy of their official transcript of grades from their home university|
|Bank Verification Letter/Statement||The bank verification letter/statement is closely scrutinized and is the main reason for delays in application processing. The bank letter must state XXXX (insert full name), a client of our bank, has the equivalent of XXXX (insert US dollar amount depending on the term that you will study at UIUC) in an account with this bank as of XXXX (insert date). Bank verification letters that do not specifically indicate the necessary US dollar amount in the guarantor’s account on a specific date will not be accepted.|
|Name Page of Passport||To verify the identity of each applicant and to ensure accuracy of personal information, you must include a copy of the personal information page of your passport.
Please make sure that your name, place of birth, date of birth, bar code, and other details are completely legible on the passport copy that you upload into the application system.
Passports need to be valid up to six months after the date of your intended departure from the United States. For example, if you plan to remain in the U.S. through June 2018, your passport must be valid until at least December 2018.