Engineering Online is about providing lifelong learning opportunities with the same level of quality that students of the University of Illinois experience on campus.
A Tradition of Excellence
Engineering at Illinois stands among the nation’s most prestigious and largest engineering institutions, with a rich history of accomplishment by faculty, students, and alumni. Our graduates have gone on to lead some of the largest companies in the world and develop innovations that significantly impact our day-to-day lives. Engineering Online is designed to make the top-ranked Engineering at Illinois education available beyond the Urbana-Champaign campus. Online students enroll in courses led by world-renowned faculty, and degrees earned online are exactly the same as those awarded on-campus.
Designed for Working Professionals
Balancing the demands of a professional career and family life with a rigorous academic schedule can be a challenging proposition for anyone seeking higher education. Through Engineering Online, the dream becomes a reality. Our sophisticated online learning platform offers the flexibility and convenience you need to pursue an advanced degree, certification, or specialized training without sacrificing your career or the comforts of home.
Immersive Learning Experience
Designed to create an inclusive and interactive learning environment, Engineering Online utilizes state-of-the-art video technologies to deliver an authentic classroom experience. Engaging lectures delivered by world-class instructors often yield immediate real-world impacts. Students are also encouraged to collaborate with faculty and peers on-campus to challenge new perspectives and develop innovative solutions.
Access to Campus Resources
Students enrolled in Engineering Online courses at Illinois gain access to a variety of campus resources, including the University Library, Grainger Engineering Library (the world’s largest engineering library), Engineering Work Station (EWS) computer laboratories, the CITES Web Store, and numerous research centers, as well as a variety of professional development services. Also, a dedicated staff is on hand to help guide Engineering Online students every step of the way.
- University of Illinois Library
- Grainger Engineering Library
- Engineering Work Stations
- CITES Web Store
- Interdisciplinary Research Themes
Did You Know?
- Courses in the Engineering Online program are the same as the on-campus sections of each course.
- Engineering Online has been offering online courses since 1998.
- Diplomas awarded to Engineering Online students are the SAME as those awarded to resident students. Degrees and transcripts never distinguish between local and online delivery since it is the same program.
- Lecture recordings generally post 2 hours after the conclusion of the lecture.
- Engineering Online Courses are not self-paced. It is important to schedule time each week to watch the lectures and complete the assignments by the deadline.