Students in Engineering at Illinois can choose from a variety of seminars, experiences and programs to prepare them for their chosen profession.
Graduate Seminar Series
Engineering at Illinois offers a series of academic and professional development seminars during both the Fall and Spring semesters. These graduate seminars are designed to help you engage with faculty and develop the personal and professional skills that enable you to be a leader in your career.
The Technology Entrepreneur Center (TEC) provides opportunities through education, experiences, and resources for students and faculty to become leaders in innovation and entrepreneurship. TEC inspires students to become the next generation of world-changing visionaries through these tools:
- On-campus courses
- Online courses
- Venture & product competitions
- Additional events on technology innovation & market adoption
Engineering Career Services helps students with all aspects of their job search. Make an appointment for assistance in writing your résumé or curriculum vitae, get help with your elevator pitch, learn the finer points of interviewing and negotiating, or attend ECS' career fair.
The Illinois Leadership Center at the University of Illinois provides students, faculty and staff with opportunities to develop or enhance essential leadership skills. The leadership Center offers a certificate that provides these benefits:
- Program structured across multiple semesters
- Customized experience to develop leadership skills
- Students matched with a leadership coach
- Students create a leadership portfolio documenting their growth
- Program is rooted in Illinois Philosophy of Leadership and a skills-based model of leadership development
OTCR is a student-run non-profit consulting organization composed primarily of students from the Colleges of Engineering and Business at the University of Illinois. The group has advised clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and works under this two-part mission:
- Deliver outstanding solutions to clients for their unique business challenges
- Accelerate learning in a high-energy environment to develop students' leadership abilities
CITL offers a wide range of services to help graduate students enhance their teaching and mentoring skills.
- Teaching certificate
- Courses in college teaching
- Teaching academies
- Conferences & workshops
- Teaching portfolio program
CTEN is a campus student organization that helps students prepare for academic careers through workshops and activities.