Majors and Minors
Choose from 15 top-ranked programs in 12 departments. Our minors and dual-degree programs offer more ways to customize your education.
As one of the premier engineering colleges in the world, you’ll receive an elite education in any program you choose.
Though rankings are only one measure of our education, the recognition as a leader in engineering and specific disciplines ensures our students are highly regarded when searching for professional opportunities.
We provide a three-tier advising system to help you plan your courses and map your career development.
Your Faculty Advisor
You’re encouraged to meet with your faculty advisor at least once each semester. This is a prime opportunity to:
- Review the courses you plan to take
- Learn about new departmental opportunities
- Receive expert advice about professional development
- Building your Illinois faculty network
Your Department Advising Office
Each department has an office for undergraduate student advising, and a departmental Chief Advisor. Departmental advisors can help you:
- Answer questions about departmental degree requirements
- Get into that specific departmental course
- Resolve academic difficulties
- Transfer into or out of the department
The College Advising Office
Located in 206 Engineering Hall, the Undergraduate Programs Office provides walk-in advising 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every day of the semester. At the College level you can:
- Receive “Approval by a dean” and final word on degree requirements
- Transfers between colleges and departments
- Be granted credit for transfer courses
- Get help with academic and/or personal difficulties
For detailed advising information on degree requirements, how to drop and add courses, and the many other resources available to engineering students, go to our Undergraduate Advising section.